Why cant I just grind linseed into a flour at home?
When you grind linseed it only partially breaks the 'envelope' that contains the valueable fatty acids (i.e. only 40% of the omega-3 is digestible in a crushed linseed seed).
Linette® is produced using a patented thermo-extrusion process. This process involves several steps;
- Detoxification - destoys any cyanogenic factors
- Stabilisation - of the pro-oxidant molecules to preserve the fats
- Releasing the fats - by an extrusion process that makes 90% of the Omega-3 bioavailable
The advantages of Linette® compared to ground linseed seed are therefore;
- Toxin free
- Higher Omega-3 availability
- Protection from degradation in store